Estate planning is about much more than just avoiding estate taxes. Even if federal estate taxes aren’t a concern, you’ll may have to worry about:
- Long-term care
- Final healthcare issues
- Decision-making in your final days
- Covering funeral, burial or cremation expenses
- Dealing with life insurance
- Managing your left-over retirement funds
- Establishing your intent for your assets after you die
- Ensuring that the right people get the right assets at the right time
- Protecting your legacy from bureaucrats, appraisers and probate courts
These are hard issues, and are made more complicated by the fact that you have to plan for something that will happen at some point in the indiscriminate future. Some of the people in your family today won’t be there when you die, and many people that will be there when you die aren’t here yet. With all of these variables, it’s important to have an estate plan that can take your present situation into account while also ensuring that your future needs are planned for,.
Our estate and trust planners will help you devise a plan for your assets and legacy that starts paying benefits for you today. We’ll cut through the legalities and the challenges of estate planning for you by following a simple process.
- We form a team made up of legal, accounting and financial professionals that can create a customized strategy for you.
- We take stock of the estate planning tools that you already have in place like trusts, wills, powers of attorney and healthcare directives
- We set up your affairs so that your needs will be taken care of if you become unable to manage your assets while you are alive
- We create a plan that will lessen the risk of your assets going through a lengthy and expensive probate process
- We structure your assets so that as few of them as possible will be subject to estate tax.
- We set your assets up now so that they transfer to your heirs when you want them to and how you want them to
- We plan for any estate expenses and taxes so that they can be paid quickly and efficiently.
- We continually update your plan to stay current with your changing needs, changes in your family, and changes in the law.
Our estate planning for you is comprehensive. Instead of just updating your will, we use the full spectrum of estate planning tools, including:
- Living wills and advance directives to ensure your health care is delivered in accordance with your wishes and values.
- Living revocable trusts that avoid probate but still give you flexibility with your assets in life.
- Irrevocable trusts that shelter assets from creditors and estate taxes.
- Lifetime family wealth transfers that put assets in your loved one’s hands now.
- Family businesses for asset protection.
- Charitable donations and planned gifts.
- Insurance products for estate tax payments.
Our estate planning team doesn’t just prevent problems. We proactively create a plan that ensures that your assets are treated with the respect and security they deserve both now and after your passing. Building and implementing an estate plan won’t be complicated for you if you have professional help to handle the details. If you’d like to get started or to learn more about how we can assist you and potentially save you thousands of dollars in taxes and probate costs, please fill out the form below for a consultation.
Fill out the form below to e-mail us