Very few things in life can create a higher degree of stress than having your Social Security Number (SSN) stolen. This is because, unlike other forms of ID, your SSN is virtually permanent. While most instances of SSN theft are outside your control, there are some things that you can do to minimize the risk of this ever happening to you.
- Never carry your card.
- Know who needs it.
- The government.
- Your employer.
- Certain financial institutions.
- Challenge all other requests.
- Destroy and distort documents.
- Keep your scammer alert on high.
- Proactively check for use.
Replacing a stolen SSN is not only hard to do, it can create many problems. Your best defense is to stop the theft before it happens.
Read the complete article at: https://bit.ly/2FQrzr8